Monday, January 18, 2010

Who wants pie???




I'm so proud of myself! It may not look like the best pie in the world, but I did it myself! Now, don't get me wrong, I can bake. I bake alot! I love baking cut out sugar cookies, pizzelles, jelly cookies, all kinds of cakes, cobblers, etc. But pie was never my "thing". I could not get the crust right , ever! I got a food processor for Christmas, a Black and Decker, and have been looking at the pastry crust recipe for some time now, and finally said, today is the day. I'm going to make a pie, a real pie with homemade crust. It worked out so well! I made one crust, then another! I made a 2 crust apple pie! I usually use storebought crust, which there is nothing wrong with that. They come out just as good. But this was so awesome! I can't wait to cut it for dinner later! I hope it tastes good! Ok, now that I have accomplished this, I may move on to homemade bread one day soon! I'll let you know!

Meantime, its an awesome day here in the North East. It poured rain yesterday, flooded my basement, of course, made mud everywhere due to all the melted snow, and all the rain. Today it's about 42 degrees out there, and there is this foriegn orange thing in the sky....oh, it's the sun! LOL! I have not seen that for weeks! I take that back, it came out for 5 minutes on Saturday!

I am waiting for a few things I ordered from HSN, and Papertrey Ink. I can't wait till they come. I think I will go sit down now, and finish my Valentine candle mat, so I can share it. I actually got one stitched up, coffee dyed, but I am working on another one, and then I will finish them so they can be used. I'm also working on a little coffee cross stitch project and of course, cards. Soooo, off to work on these things, then a trip to the Goodwill before Nicholas and I go pick up the other two kids at thier friends houses! Have a great rest of the day! Hugs,

2 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

It looks great!! I usually brush the top with egg whites and sprinkle a little sugar on it then bake. I guess my grandma did it that way so I guess that is why i do it too! lol Dianntha

LollyChops said...

Oh YAY for pie! It's a beauty for sure!

Hope it's drying up there!