Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gingerbreads all over the place!



Good morning! Are you all getting ready for Thanksgiving? Are you having dinner at your house? I am. My brother and sister in law and thier two boys will be here with us this year! I'm so glad they are coming! Not sure if my oldest daughter will be here or not, she has issues.....believe me! Nicholas has another cold, poor little guy, and the other two are just fine! Anyway, the gingerbreads! I wanted to share with you my ginger breads I have in my kitchen. Make sure you click on the pics to make them bigger! I made most of them. Let me take you thru the pics. The top one is my corner in my kitchen breakfast nook. I made the little stuffed dolls, I sewed them by hand a while back. I painted the old coffee cup and the hearts I sewed, and the ginger is made of Faster Plaster (anyone remember that stuff?). I used a rice krispes treat mold to make it, then painted it. The candle holder I made too, just a jar with the heart taped off with contact paper, painted, then antiqued. The little dangly leg ginger is a gift, and the plushie is also a gift.

Then next one is a little old chest my husbands grampa made from old crates many, many years ago. I have on this an old lunchbox I painted one time, a little coffe pot I painted, a jar candle holder I made, and little "smooshie" pillow I made, courtesy of Lollychops pattern(visit Lolly from my sidebar!) The candle holder (the gingerbread one laying down)is rom Yankee, and the stuffed ginger is a gift from a good friend. If you squeeze his hand he plays Christmas music, but it's really loud! The raisin candle is from Home Interiors, which is not called that anymore, I forget what it is now.

The next is a shelf above my kitchen nook table. I painted the muffin tin, and the little round face at the bottom, that's a candy tin, and there is a little guy peeking from behind the tea set, that is a wooden one we cut out a while back and I painted him, he's hard to see, I will take a pic of him later, he is really cute! The tea set is a gift from my mom. And there is a recylced jar candle holder I made.










One more. This is just the things hanging from the shelf. I made the two wooden gingers hanging there, and the Welcome star with the berries was bought at at craft show a while back. I was kinda mad about this particular thing, though, because I bought it and a little spindley tree with berries and bows, and something else, can't remember. Anyway, when I got the star home, there was a sticker on the back that said "made in china". I thought it was handmade!!!!! That was the first time I realized that people dont' always make what they sell. They sell things from china at a craft show. I am more careful now. I like it, that is the only reason it is used, but I look at it and get mad about it sometimes! Anyway, those are my kitchen things. There is more, but that's all I have time for today! Take care, have a safe and Happy Thanks giving, whatever you do! Hugs, michelle

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what 'sweet' decorations Michelle! they look so pretty clustered around on your shelves! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

ohiofarmgirl said...

Now you know that I collect Gingies too...so I love your pictures. So festive. Dianntha

Cindy Beach said...

You are surrounded by sweet faces in all those gingerbread friends!
Hope your Thanksgiving is especially happy, Michelle!
Hugs~
Cindy

Sherri said...

Love all your gingerbreads! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Our thanksgiving is in October, but we did decorate for Christmas this weekend (first Sunday of advent) - and I have some gingerbreads I put in the kitchen every year too:)