Sunday, November 8, 2009

Craft Show Report......



This is a pic of a canister set I rescued from the trash, I was going to pitch it , and changed my mind. I'm sure I posted it before, but I wanted to share it again. These are the kinds of things I like to do. As far as the Craft Sale I did,
I sold alot of things this time, for a change. The show was quite busy all day! I was so amazed! I think it is all in the timing of these things. I dont'like doing October shows. Everyone around here is busy going to pumpkin patches, homecoming games, fall festivals, Halloween parades and parties. They are too busy doing all that to worry about small craft shows. November and early December have always been good to me! I sold all my painted lite bulb ornaments. I could have sold 50, but I didn't have that many. I sold all my painted flea market finds, the measure cups and all that. I sold all my painted puzzle pieces too. I made some pins, ornaments, and I had some really huge floor puzzle pieces that I painted black, and painted snowmen themes on them, punched holes in top with my Cropodile, and hung them with homespun material ties. People love these things! I had a lady that paints all glass ware, plates and vases, candle holders, ornaments, come over to me and ask me if I would paint for her. What a wonderful comliment, but I declined. You see, I don't want my love of doing these things to become a job! Been there, done that. Some years ago, when my husband and I were cutting all that wood stuff on our scroll saw, and I was painting my rear off, we were in heaven! We sold out every show, and then would sit down in that dirty cellar for hours and hours and cut and sand milk crates full of wooden treasures. I would sit in my dining room for hours and paint and stain and seal. No one painted like I did , because I took no classes, bought no books, just did my thing. My painting background consisting of teaching ceramics classes when I was 16 years old, that was it. I did that till I was 21, then life started for me! Anyway, people began ordering our wood stuff, and it was ok at first, but I didnt' like the push of orders needing to be filled at certain times, people telling me how to paint, trying to change my work too much. So we got burned out, and I quit. Now we can't cut wood, because he works too much, and my kids can't take the dust that comes up thru the vents of the cellar, they have respiratory problems, so till we get a way to do it outside, I am stuck, and I miss it terrible! So when this kind lady asked me to paint for here, while I was flattered, I did have to tell her no, but thank you so much for thinking my work is that good! It is not that great to me, it's very "primitive" to me at times, but "fun" at other times, depends on my mood.

As soon as I can get a chance, I will post some pics of the light bulbs, I am just so busy right now trying to get my house cleaned again for the month! Soon it will be Christmas shopping time, and I will never get anything done! Thanks for reading all this, I appreciate it! Have a great evening! And to all who do stop by my little corner here, thank you! It means much! Hugs, michelle

2 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

How cute...it sounds like you and my mother would have a lot to talk about...she didn't have lessons but she is good...she doesn't paint much any more.
Dianntha

Julia Aston said...

Love those canister tops! how fun and festive for the holidays! I'm so glad to hear that your items sold well at your sale! I think with all the tight budgets people are maybe going more for the 'less expensive' home made items!