Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some things to share....





These are just some pics of some large tags and a couple tag boxes I made with Whimsie Doodle digital images. I really hate to use them on gifts because I don't want anyone to throw them away! They took me some time! LOL! Anyway, Aren't those digital's so cute! I enjoyed coloring them, even thought I don't really like to color! I try to stay away from it! I am going to put some Avon products in the little boxes to give to some people that I don't usually buy gifts for. Maybe I'll get a couple new customers! The large scallop tags were made from the Big Shot, and Sizzix dies. I used the large scallop die (Bigz)and cut it out so that it would be like a card, and used the circle, (bigz die) for the middle. I used a Cuttlebug die for the snowflakes. For the shaped tags, (bells, stockings) those too are Sizzix dies. I also positioned the die so I would get the card affect. Fun!

On to some more things I have been working on.





These are some quilted coasters I found directions for somewhere on the internet, I will find the link and post it later. They are pretty quick and easy. My daughter helped make some for some of her teachers. We are going to put a coaster in a coffee mug, with some hot chocolate mix in each one. We don't know if they like coffee or not! The others are some cute emboidered ornaments made from Wild Olive's patterns. I got the finishing idea from visiting Pip Stitch (on my sidebar). I need to made 21 for my son's class. I better get busy!

Well, that's it for today. I really have to get to the store today, but not sure if I will. It is supposed to snow today! I dont' drive in it! I almost went out this past Sunday, I was going to take my mom shopping for a little. It was supposed to freezin drizzle very early, then change to all rain. Well, around 9:50 I was getting ready to leave. It was raining pretty good, but I was ok with the rain. My son called from his gf's house where he'd spent the nite from all nite bowling, and said to my husband "Hey did you hear all the interstates and major roadways are closed?". My husband was surprised and of course asked why, and he proceeded to tellus we are in the middle of a major ice storm! We looked out, and sure enough the streets where a sheet of ice, the sidewalks, my flag was stiff with ice, and my car was covered in ice! We had no idea! Turned on the t.v., you should have seen the mayhem! It came as a surprise, like one second the road was wet, the next it was all ice, and people were driving like it was wet only, and suddenly they started to collide with one another, go off roads, cars were piling up, it was just a mess! Sadly, a 22 year old girl, a vet assistant on her way to work for a pet emergency, was killed in the ice storm, when she unexpectedly hit the icy roads, when off the road, over an embankment, and was killed. How sad.....Fortunatley that was the only fatality, some minor injuries, but lot's and lot's of fender benders, and damgage to property from cars carreening into yards and things. The Pa. turnpike was littered with car parts, my husband said, as he was driving to Ohio, later that day! So glad I was not out in it. I would have never drove again! I freak when there is a flurry, let alone ice!!!! Especially here, in all the hills we have around here! I am not far from the Laurel Mountains, about 45 minutes, so we are pretty hilly!!! I live in a valley, and you can't get into my town without some major hills to tackle!

Anyway, off to embroider and get lunches packed! Hugs to all! Michelle

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What fun things you have been making!

Sherri said...

What great ideas - all so cute!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love the tags and I'm sure that they will know you made them with love.
thanks for your kind and encouraging words...they brought a smile to my face. And when I thought about the facebook comment..well...u are right...she doesn't participate in any of the activities of the church. thanks for the reminder to work for the sake of good. Dianntha