Sunday, September 27, 2009

Snowmen and Pumpkins.....




Aren't these cute? The pumpkin is NOT my original idea, it is made from a tab punch.I saw the project at Splitcoast Stampers. What I did was, punched one out, enlarged it on the copier, and traced it 12 times on Coordinations cardstock, embossed it with my Cuttlebug swirls folder, added a tag. I would love to make these as place cards for Thanksgiving! The snowman, I used a Sizzix circles die, you get three different sizes of circles when you cut. I used 12 of the large for his body, embossed them with a cuttlebug snowflakes folder, inked some blue on each circle. I used the medium circle for his head, free hand cut the hat out, and the mittens, I used a piece of cardstock cut into a little point to glue into the body, I glued it in between two of the medium circles for the head to make a little "pick" out of his head. I also inked his little head a little, used sharpies to make the face. Oh, when I did the body, I cut a bit off the bottom of each circle to make him sit on the table. If you want more details, contact me via email at medichmm@comcast.net and I will explain more of how I made him. He and the pumpkin are going to be in craft shows this year, hope they sell!

Are you doing craft shows this year? What are you selling? I also do other crafts, punchneedle, stitchery, a little sewing, painting, so I am hoping to get my ambition going here to get some more stuff done! Let me know what you are doing right now! I want to know! I love to see other peoples work! Hugs, Michelle

3 comments:

Sherri said...

How completely adorable! I'm totally smitten with that pumpkin especially! Thanks for leaving a link so I could check out your blog too!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! The embossing really makes them stand out! :)

Lisa Atha said...

These are too darn cute! Love them!

I did a craft show once with nothing but paper crafts and altered stuff, and my biggest seller was the Acrylic Post it note holders. I sold every one that I made. You can get them pretty cheap at Doller Stores and Big Lots.

Lisa Atha